Today am visiting the TCS Siruseri campus in Chennai. Very elegant & interesting structure built by an Urguan Architect.
- The legend has it that while discussing the architecture, Carlos drew butterflies & that stuck as the theme.
- A majestic 5-floor-high open Atrium corridor forms the spine of the butterfly with 6 buildings forming the wings, the buildings themselves are butterflies w/ a small spine elevator bank in the middle and the two north & south wings buildings.
- The side view below shows three buildings EC1(right),EC2 & EC3. I am in EC3.
- The spine atrium on the far side has a pond, benches, shops & interesting restaurants – The Saravana Bhavan food is exotic. The spine even has a Subway !
- The campus hosts > 20,000 associates
The second picture below shows the full 6 buildings and the observation tower (which is still under construction)