I couldn’t find a way to associate a read.me file to an EC2 AMI. Tthe next best is a readme.blog ! On how to use the NOSQL Training EC2 AMI. I will post the handout for a step-by-step tutorial of mongoDB and later Cassandra.
- The Reference Pack
- Slide Set and Reference (Link to my prev blog where I have the slide set & references)
- Tutorial Handout [Update 7/16/10] Latest Tutorial Handout (Slideshare has a bug – Cannot update]
- If you are new to Amazon EC2, I have posted chapters from my book “Building Clouds with AWS”. These are preliminary chapters, but can help to bootstrap Ec2 learning. Let me know if it helped and also feedback on the chapters …
- NOSQL Papers
- My OSCON talk is now available as a video from O’Reilly and at Safari Books !
- Have created AMI oscon-nosql-ksankar-xx. 01 ..
- This is based on Ubuntu 10.04, ebs
- 32 bit (Wanted to keep the initial learning costs minimum – especially when you need to start 3 or more instances for Cassandra)
- The application stack includes mongoDB, Open JDK 6, svn, a svn snapshot of Cassandra
- The Cassandra is in the /home/ubuntu directory
- TTD (Things To Do) after you start the instance
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get upgrade
- cd ~/cassandra
- svn update
- ant (To compile the new sources)
- These commands should upgrade mongoDB as well as Cassandra