- [12/29/13] Forbes : A general article on the significance of Machine Learning, AI et al
- [12/28/13] NY Times Brain-Like Computers, Learning from Experience
- [8/9/13] Kind of jumbled blog in Forbes – What is DeepLearning & Why should businesses care
- DeepLearning for the masses
Leaving cat herding aside, I strongly believe that Deep Learning & AI can be effectively used in the context of Big Data to address interesting problems in the Enterprises, especially Retail & Banking.
Trying to build a few neurons to run some interesting big data use cases …
Hence my interest in this domain
Let me share some of the interesting points from Jeff’s talk, annotating the slides. Of course, you should listen to his talk – it is short & succinct …
But plan to spend some time to think through as well as research into related papers … The DistBelief paper has the potential to be as influential as the Jeff’s MapReduce paper.
- Jeremy Howard of Kaggle tags Deep Learning as The Biggest Data Science Breakthrough of the Decade ! What says thee ?
- Excellent overview from IEEE Computational Intelligence – “Deep Machine Learning—A New Frontier in Artificial Intelligence Research”
- AI Breakthrough – From MIT Technology Review
- New York Times has a good article on Deep Learning “Scientists See Promise in Deep-Learning Programs”
- Huffington Post talks about Big Data & Deep Learning