- Ron Kasabian from Intel has an interesting blog at GigaOm on “Four tips to take you beyond the big data hype cycle”.
- I also had similar points about the adoption of Big Data in my earlier blogs.
- This might be a good time to reiterate couple of points incorporating insights from Ron
5. Don’t implement a technology infrastructure but the end-to-end pipeline a.k.a. Bytes To Business
SImple Reason : Business doesn’t care about a shiny infrastructure, but about capabilities they can take to market …
4. Think Business Relevance and agility from multiple points of view
Aggregate Even Bigger Datasets, Scenarios and Use Cases
- Be flexible, tell your stories, leveraging smart data, based on ever changing crisp business use cases & requirements
3. Big Data cuts across enterprise silos – facilitate organization change and adoption
- Data always has been siloed, with each function having it’s own datasets – transactional as well as data marts
- Big Data, by definition is heterogeneous & muti-schema
- Data refresh, source of truth, organizational politics and even fear comes in the picture. Deal with them in a positive way
2. Build Data Products
- Now that you have unified and built a data hub, it is time to think about building products out of the data and the insights.
- One more for the road …